Thursday, April 26, 2007

I Know That's RIght, Apology Accepted!




I know that Mr. Cosby would appreciate any apology, so I will accept it in his absence.

Why would I do such a thing you all ask? Well, as a wife and mother of five, I could relate to EVERYTHING that Mr. Cosby has bitched at the Black community about in the last two years. I know what it means to be more than a responsible parent, I am a ACCOUNTABLE parent, and in this day in age, you need both to keep your kids in line.

I have a 15 year-old son, who has kissed a girl, looked a a soft smut film, and believe it or not, he is a virgin. And I also know how many times he's been absent or late, and he currently has a C average. Now how many hood derived parents could attest to that?

I lived in a lot of Hoods in my life. I currently live in a White hood and believe me, Mr. Cosby should have had a word or two for these parents also. Sex, pregnancy, crime, drugs, underage drinking, and violence surround all children, in the streets, music, television, and video games. How our children get overexposed to these outlets is the parents fault, in my and his opinion. Teaching values and ethics is my job, not the industry. I am accountable for my child's rearing, and I take it very seriously.

More parents should engage their children's lives. Find out what is on their minds. Discuss what media interests them. Watch and listen to what interest them. Keep the lines of communication open and you will have better, not complete, control of their actions.

Mr. Cosby has always been there for the children of the hood, hell he made a show to display that they have interests, education, and honor amongst their fellow brother (and sister, wasn't Russell/Bucky a Gal? Who could tell under all dem clothes!).

Anywho, thanks to everyone that showed the Cos some love, and next time you nay-sayers want to rip him a new one, ask me first!

No comments: